KCES ensures daily safety meetings are being held prior to starting each job. Our goal is to eliminate accidents by being as proactive as possible. We implement a safety program directed towards the electrical work that we perform, while meeting all industry safety standards.
Our program has been established in order to:
- Ensure the safety of employees who may work on or near electrical equipment.
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with safety standards related to electrical work.
- Ensure that campuses, agencies and employees follow uniform practices during the progress of electrical work.
- Comply with OSHA Standards according to the following six points:
- Provide and demonstrate a safety program with defined responsibilities.
- Determine the degree of arc flash hazard by qualified personnel.
- Affix warning labels on equipment.
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers.
- Provide documented training to workers on Lockout/Tagout procedures and the hazards of arc flash.
- Provide appropriate tools for safe work.
All KCES technicians are certified in the following safety courses:
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Focus Four/NFPA
- Lock out/Tag Out
- City of New Orleans Class D Electrical License
- TWIC Certified